Covid-19 has churned out the whole human civilization into an abyss of indefinite uncertainty with the appalling incidents and consequences, including an unacceptable record of deaths and sufferings worldwide, which has thrown mankind out of gear and the uphill struggle for a safe survival continues.
Coupled with this disease menace, is the scenario of economic gloom arising out of job layouts, downsizing of companies, lack of new job prospects etc. which is bringing in an enormous amount of despondency and negative affections of mind and body, unheard of this kind earlier.
iKure being a population healthcare service provider enabled by Technology and Research oriented objectives, has made an attempt to be a forerunner in the sector of healthcare in rendering its services, during such difficult times, to all stake holders in more than one novel ways backed by the skills and expertise of our employees from all walks of training and experience towards our declared mission of ensuring “Zero Mortality” through primary healthcare and beyond.
Ways in which iKure stood out to adapt to the current unprecedented crisis
- Based on the three prongs of prevention i.e., social (physical) distancing/usage of barrier tools like masks & hand sanitizers to say the minimum, iKure has embarked on a path of remote consultation for patients through the new concept of Telemedicine which has enabled a large no. of clients/patients to seek medical attention from the safe confines of their homes and the Physicians feeling safe at their point of presence.
- In the events of some subjects/patients approaching our hubs/clinics, the safety measures have been strictly put in place, (with PPE-s etc.) to ensure safety of all concerned and a smooth play of operations to continue as earlier within the norms of recommended prevention guidelines.
- Special measures have been put in place to render door step services
(Albeit with mutual protection of subjects & staff) to deliver medicinal items/ related consumables and any other medical attention/advice that may need at any point of time…through our field workers (CHW-s).
POC Tools/Devices have been made available to community members through our staff and CHW-s, for a directed approach to Covid-19, up the ladder of scientific strategy to address it.
During the peak healthcare crisis ’Oxygen Concentrator’s were arranged for desperate and needy patients who otherwise would have succumbed to the disease! Anecdotal incidents of providing expert opinion and guidance to few critical subjects infected with the virus helped them pull out of crisis and survive albeit with few sad mortalities though.
- Our Doctors have been attuned to the call of the times, to be sensitive towards our patients, at the same time being on guard to detect suspicious infected cases and do the needful as per the advised protocol of the health authorities…imparting relevant health education to the subjects in attendance.
Novel projects undertaken by iKure
Screening the blue-collar workers (in the realty & real estate industry sector) for Covid-19, by means of well decided clinical vital parameters at site and follow the recommended protocols of suspicion of the infection in any of the persons screened. Our ground staff have physically attended such events with due precautions, almost on a daily basis, during the peak crisis period and provided a social service in a proactive approach to healthcare…under the supervision of Medical Professional(s).
- A first ever Bio-Bubble Project mission at a Cricket Tournament in another state, handling reputed players and their associates through laid down Covid-19 safety protocols, enabled by frequent testing and screenings within the framework of a seamless harnessing of technology and trained manpower and means to trouble shoot the breaches, if any, during the whole session. The venture was hugely successful and widely commended by the organizers, athletic personalities and public forum.
- During the second wave of the pandemic Remote Monitoring of Covid-19 +ve subjects was undertaken by daily monitoring calls and enquiries and periodical virtual consultations with Doctors/Monitoring team members to help tide over the critical fortnight period. Few were guided for Hospital admissions depending on their physical conditions.
- Attempts were also made to secure small isolation spaces for those with mild affection of the disease, supported with oxygen and gadgets for a closer monitoring.
- A glaring example of a PPP (Public–Private–Partnership) may be cited by mentioning the launch of a Telemedicine collaboration with the Govt of Nagaland, (Naga Telehealth) in joint efforts with another prominent Indian association, to serve the community of Nagaland, which is a hilly terrain basically, in seeking medical attention from Doctors at Govt Health Centers there by means of remote consultations on general and specific health issues, centering the pandemic and beyond.
- To boost the morale of our staff, iKure had arranged a whole remote session with a ‘clinical psychologist’, to address the common feelings of our employees during this pandemic season, where ‘work from home’ has been the norm, so that along with their psyche the productivity does not sag and they can adapt themselves to cope up with any such mental issues in their stride.
It is because of such concerted and consolidated approach to serving humanity during such unprecedented times with mounting challenges, guided by mentors and domain experts in our team, with unflinching dedication and sincerity and confidence, the World Economic Forum has offered iKure a coveted space in the top 50 listing of organizations, which displayed exemplary activity in such crisis times.
It is an honor bestowed upon us, serving as an impetus to move on with our mission with more dedication and objectivity.
- iKure wishes to plan with foresight, ventures involving our service offerings in other states and may be beyond Indian shores based on the success of our initiatives this far.
- Webinar has been arranged by our staff to keep public enlightened on the nuances of “Post-acute / Long Covid Syndrome “seen to affect a section of those suffered this illness…with opinions and recommendations from domain experts/Doctors in the virtual seminar.
- Work in the Non-communicable Disease area (NCD) which is the need of the hour in this country, keeping the Covid-19 affection in mind, is being planned in a refined manner, since this particular virus affects the CVS in a major way, along with other co-morbidities, as surfacing from those who contracted the disease and those who recovered from the illness!
- Some critical research areas are also been looked into, which engages the data acquired in re-guiding us through AI and/or ML mechanisms, on few members of NCD-s as the scope may be obtained such as Diabetes/Hypertension etc.
- Stake holder partnerships are being explored by our business associates for more and more Govt/Pvt. Collaborations and grant providers, based on our track record of success and innumerable accolades that the organization has achieved by dint of merit amidst tough competitions.
Since the pandemic is far from over yet we do not know what is in store for mankind once the virus leaves civilization. The challenges are indeed in the realm of the unknown.
Whether we have really achieved herd immunity. Whether we have managed to eradicate the virus for good. What are the residual signs/symptoms of those who have been affected by the Virus? Are only issues that time will tell and help us unfold but till then, iKure shall continue with its offerings in healthcare in all possible ways both traditional and innovative in nature to mitigate the health issues in the post-pandemic era that’s for sure.